Local Partner Development
Terms of Reference for Short-term Finance Officer
FHI 360, Local Partner Development (LPD), is seeking a Short-term Finance Officer to provide support to the Finance, Procurement and Administrative functions for LPD over a term of approximately 4 months.
- Scope of Work
Under the guidance of LPD’s Senior Finance and Operations Manager, the Short-term Finance Officer will:
- Assist with the maintenance of financial systems for field office and project accounting, and grants finance management;
- Review project invoices for accuracy and allocate expenditures according to accounting systems;
- Prepare/review payments of monthly expenditures within signature authority guidelines;
- Prepare, update and submit financial reports according to financial procedures;
- Review and reconcile monthly expenditures of the bank accounts;
- Assist with procurement solicitations and recommendations for potential providers of needed goods and services in accordance with USAID and FHI 360 rules and regulations;
- Assist with financial monitoring of the grants program including requests for advances, funds disbursements and expenditure reconciliation and financial reporting
- Maintain all project financial records in compliance with Jamaican law and FHI360/USAID rules and regulations;
- Managing other administrative tasks, as and when they arise
- Payment, Deliverables and Timelines
The Short-term Finance Officer shall be engaged over a period of sixteen weeks, with a level of effort of approximately 4 days per week and will be required on a monthly basis, to submit a report of tasks completed and an invoice for payment. Payments shall be made upon FHI 360’s acceptance of the report and approval of the invoice.
The Short-term Finance Officer will report to the Senior Finance & Operations Manager; also working closely with other internal LPD team members, for the coordination and execution of activities.
- Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or Related Field.
- 3-5 years of accounting or finance experience.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with client and staff.
- Solid experience using Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of accounting principles and USAID rules and regulations is preferred
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
Interested individuals should submit their CVs via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m., Wednesday, June 6, 2018. LPD appreciates all interest in this consultancy, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ABOUT LOCAL PARTNER DEVELOPMENT
With funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), FHI360, through LPD Jamaica, is building the capacity of Jamaican non-governmental organizations, social enterprises, community-based organizations, other civil society organizations and government entities that partner with USAID in Jamaica. LPD is a 5-year activity, implemented by FHI 360 and fully funded by USAID under the Caribbean Basin Security Initiative. In alignment with the CBSI’s objectives, LPD’s intent is for the Jamaican organizations it supports to become more effective and sustainable actors, with the ultimate goal of improving Jamaican citizen security and social cohesion.